Name: :Kaustubh Kamat
Designation:: Asst.Professor ( HOD – Dept of Business Administration )
Qualification:: MMM, PGDM ( IT Systems) , BE ( IT) , UGC NET
An IT Engineer (Goa University) with a Masters Degree in Marketing Management (Pune University). He has 4 years experience across IT and Banking industries, handling varied middle and top management functions, ranging from marketing, finance and strategic planning. He has worked as a marketer in the software industry prior to getting into academics and before joining GMFC, he has been associated with Department of Commerce (Goa University). He is currently pursuing his Ph.D research work on “Influence of information sources on Consumer behavior of Travelers – Empirical study on tourists visiting Goa.”
Areas of ExpertiseMarketing, Marketing Research, Consumer Behaviour, Strategic Management, Tourism management, International Marketing Social Media Marketing, Services Marketing
Subjects taught in past:Advanced Marketing, Marketing Research, IT application for Business, Managerial Skills, Strategic Management, Venture Capital and Private Equity, Marketing of Financial Services
Research Interest Areas :Tourism, Social media, Consumer behaviours, Destination Image.
Description of past job / organization /work experience:-
Academics: Taught M.Com and MBA (FS) students of Goa university subjects in Marketing, IT and Management.
Industry: Worked as software marketing mainly business development and strategy consultations for industrial Clients In US and Europe. Also responsible for promoting IT/ITES in Banking, Financial Services & Insurance, Business Intelligence, Building Automation, Customer Relationship Management, E-Commerce, Enterprise Content Management, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Media & Entertainment, Retail, Supply Chain Management, Telecommunication, Travel, Hospitality & Leisure.
Awards and Recognitions:-
- Invited as Resource Person for 22nd Refresher Course in Commerce
conducted by UGC-Academic Staff College ,Goa University, Goa (2015).
- Invited as Resource person for Conference on Advanced Application
In Business at GVM’S GGPR College Ponda ,Goa(2014)
- D’Mello, C; Chang, L; Kamat, K; Scaglione, M; Weiermair, K; Subhash. K. B (2015). “An Examination of Factors Influencing Tourists Attitude towards Tourism in Goa”. International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Systems (forthcoming).
- Kamat, K; Sanzigiri, S (2014).” Factors influencing attitude towards Entrepreneurship: An Empirical study among graduate and post graduate student in Goa”. International Journal of Business, Management & Social Sciences. Vol III, Issue 9(I).ISSN No. 2249-7463
- Conference presentation (Paper): “Assessing Tourism Infrastructure in Goa: A GAP Analysis”, accepted at the 65th AIEST Conference on “Advances in Tourism Research: Perspectives of Actors, Institutions, and Systems, Lijiang, Peoples Republic of China, 24-28 August 2015. (Forthcoming)
- Conference presentation (Paper): “An Examination of Factors Influencing Tourists Attitude towards Tourism in Goa”, presented at the 6th Indian hospitality Congress (IHC) Annual Conference 2015 on “Prospect and Challenges faced by the Hospitality Industry towards their Role in Tourism management”, Navi Mumbai, India, 5-6 February 2015.
- Conference presentation (Paper). “An Examination of Factors influencing attitude towards tourism in Goa”. 20th APTA (Asia Pacific Tourism Association) Annual Conference on “Development of Regional Tourism by collaboration between Public sector and Academics in the Asia Pacific Region”, Ho Chi minh City, Vietnam, 1-4 July 2014.
- Conference presentation (Paper): “Resident’s attitude towards Casino Tourism development in Goa”, presented at the 64th AIEST Conference on “Advances in Tourism Research: Perspectives of Actors, institutions, and Systems, Plzen, Czech Republic, 24-28
Social Links:-LinkedIn Profile Link : https://in.linkedin.com/pub/kaustubh-kamat-victor-k/17/850/83
Research Gate account link : https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Kaustubh_Kamat
Academia Link : https://unigoa.academia.edu/KaustubhShankhwalkar