Library is a heart of institute. Teaching and Learning system are supported by library through reading material our library is well equipped with reference books, textbooks, journals, periodicals and newspapers etc. in library use D.D.C classification system and books arrangement is DDC class system.
- Books : 1348
- Donated : 126
- Journals : 16
NLIST : Online E- Journals and E- Books
- CD/DVD : 92
Every subject teachers submitting the respective subject notes for the benefit of the students these softcopy is being stored and shared with the circulation counter as well as online and mobile access www.gmfclibrary.blogspot.in to the students
- Book Borrowing facility
- Referral service
- e- resources : E- Books and E-Journals (Open Access Journals)
- One Stop service to online resources
- Library webpage links
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog)
- Students Profile
- Barcode for Books and Student ID for fast Circulation
- OPAC for book search and borrow books
- Teachers prepared Notes available for students online
- E-Books and E-Journals can be accessed with N-List consortium students can access over 5902 E- Journals and 80409+ E-Books
N-LIST: Four Components:-The project has four distinct components, i.e.
- to subscribe and provide access to selected UGC-INFONET e-resources to technical institutions (IITs, IISc, IISERs and NITs) and monitor its usage;
- To subscribe and provide access to selected INDEST e-resources to selected universities and monitor its usage;
- to subscribe and provide access to selected e-resources to 6,000 Govt./ Govt.-aided colleges and monitor its usage; and
- to act as a Monitoring Agency for colleges and evaluate, promote, impart training and monitor all activities involved in the process of providing effective and efficient access to e-resources to colleges.
- The committee members meet four times in the year
- first within 15 days of academic year
- Second Before the semester end examination
- wherein the proposal of new addition to the stack is considered, rules and regulations for the book ordering policy and daily issuing etc are formed.
- The Library receives fund from the college budget and DHE grants and the Committee guides to use the fund judiciously.
- Staff Academy activities can be formed
- Readers club activities
- Students can narrate the read books in short and get the price best narrator award in the fun activity Quiz on famous books and authors organized by the reader’s club.
The INDEST and UGC-INFONET are jointly responsible for activity listed at i) and ii) above. The INFLIBNET Centre, Ahmedabad is responsible for activities listed at iii) and iv) above. The INFLIBNET Centre is also responsible for developing and deploying appropriate software tools and techniques for authenticating authorized users.
From Year 2014, NLIST Programme is subsumed under UGC-INFONET Digital Library Consortium as college Component. The colleges (except Agriculture, Engineering, Management, Medical, Pharmacy, Dentistry and Nursing) in India are eligible to get access e-resources under NLIST Program
As on Jun 13 2015, a total number of 4649 colleges have registered themselves with the N-LIST program including 4218 Govt. / Govt.-aided colleges covered under the section 12 B/2F of UGC Act as well as Non-Aided colleges. Log-in ID and password for accessing e-resources has been sent to the authorized users from these 4218 colleges. All e-resources subscribed for colleges under the N-LIST Project are now accessible to these 4218 colleges through the N-LIST website (http://nlist.inflibnet.ac.in)
Library Advisory Committee
Library Advisory Committee Members
|Offg. Principal||Dr. Manasvi M. Kamat||Chairman|
|HOD BBA||Kaustubh Kamat||Member|
|HOD BCom||Subhashish Mohanty||Member|
Department of Library is Organizing Presentations on the Skill Development and Knowledge sharing to share knowledge these presentations held every week. Staff academy Link
Library has Koha library software “open source” running on its own server on LAN the users can browse library webpage and search and list out the books of their reading and also they can reserve the books for there future reading in there library profile every student has his own username and password the web page has tagged many useful links for the students Can go the listed site instantly for the e resource and audio video lectures and Free E- Books and E- Journals
Library Charging and Discharging Method
Students can get One Book for a period of Six Days they can exchange accordingly for the timely return
Library is charging Rs. 5/- per day if the student failed to submit in 6 days the fine amount will be handled by the accounts department as ‘Library Fine Register’ which will be used for the repair and misplaced books recovery. Fine collection is not a purpose of profit making the amount will be used for benefit of the students.