Fast growing information technology and communication systems have become critical components of almost every company’s strategic plan. Companies which want to take advantage of the new information technologies and communication systems require expert professionals, who can apply computer science principles to solve problems produced by the interface between business and technology. BCA Course is an undergraduate program where students are exposed to various areas of computer applications including the latest developments in the industry.
Duration of BCA Course: 3 years (6 semesters)
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
- The College conducts the First Year and Second Year B.Com Examinations on behalf of Goa University.
- The Academic Year consists of two semesters: Odd Semester (Semester I, III & V) and Even Semester (Semester II, IV, & VI).
- There are two modes of evaluation of the academic performance of students, viz, the Intra Semester Evaluation (ISA) and the Semester –End Examination (SEE).
- At each semester, every paper of 100 marks (except the Project paper at TYB.Com) has an ISA component of 20 marks and every paper of 50 marks has an ISA component of 10 marks. At the end of each semester, there will be one 80-marks examination of 120 minutes duration for each 100-marks paper in the semester and 40-marks examination of 90 minutes duration for each 50-marks paper in the semester. This is called the Semester-End Examination (SEE).
- A STUDENT IS REQUIRED TO APPEAR FOR BOTH COMPONENTS- ISA & SEE. IN OTHER WORDS ATTENDANCE AT ALL EXAMINATION & TESTS IS COMPULSORY. A STUDENT WHO DOES NOT APPEAR FOR A MINIMUM FOR TWO ISAs WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO APPEAR FOR THE SEMESTER-END EXAMINATION IN THAT PAPER.
- The ISAs will be conducted during the semester by using modes of evaluation such as objective/written tests, assignments, orals, classroom quizzes, seminars, presentations, etc. Students will be assessed twice in ISA, with each assessment carrying 10 marks.
- The SEE for Semester V & VI of TYB.Com will be conducted by Goa University.
STANDARD OF PASSING & CLASS
- Standard of Passing at FY,SY & TYB.Com Examinations:
- To pass the Examination a candidate must obtain a minimum of 40 % marks in SEE and ISA components taken together for each paper.
- There is no separate passing for the ISA or SEE component.
- At the end of the Second Year, there will be a special examination to provide an opportunity for students who have appeared for the Semester IV examination to appear for the backlog papers of Semesters I to IV.
- To be eligible for admission to TYB.Com, a student must have passed all the papers of Semesters I, II, III & IV.
Award of Class: Class will be awarded as follows
70% and above Distinction
60% and above but less than 70% First Class
50% and above but less than 60% Second Class
40% and above but less than 50% Pass Class
To be eligible for class, a student must pass Semesters V and VI at the first attempt.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]